Credit Repair in Australia is surprisingly similar to credit repair in the USA. Easier, in fact, because most folks will only need to work with reports from 2 bureaus Veda and Dunn & Bradstreet.
Here’s how to scale a recurring-revenue business in Australia (or any country with the credit bureau system)
FIRST: Read these 2 articles to understand the business and how it works:
And here’s a recent webinar that will be helpful for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLQUkn87tew
Here are the steps to use Credit Repair Cloud in non-US countries:
- Signup for a Credit Repair Cloud free trial at www.creditrepaircloud.com and choose your country.
- Replace default 3 US credit bureaus with credit bureaus for your own country, on the “MyCompany>Dispute Options” page.
- Modify the library letters as needed to remove reference to US Laws. Start with the Default Round 1 letter.
- Make some minor changes to the default agreement to remove reference to US Laws. Do this in My Company>Client Agreement.
- Understand that we cannot give you legal advice for your country.
- Understand that credit report import wont work outside the US and you’ll be entering dispute items manually. It’s actually quite fast, as shown in this video: https://www.creditrepaircloud.com/support/knowledge-base/how-do-i-add-credit-items-manually-to-a-client/
Remember you’re on a free trial, so take time to get everything set up.
We are here to help you along the way. We have this free trial so you can try out the software for free to see if it’s right for you. During that time if you need help making modifications for your country, please let us know and we can assist.
Here are the 2 bureaus you’ll want to add to your Credit Repair Cloud. Add them in MY COMPANY>DISPUTE OPTIONS.
Veda has a website called MyCreditFile which offers paid and free versions of your credit report.
To order a free copy of your Veda credit history, follow these steps:
- Visit the free form – https://forms.mycreditfile.com.au/Apply/Personal/Credit/Step1.aspx?form=FreeCreditFile
- Scan a big legible copy of your drivers license, birth certificate or official proof of identity/age card. If possible, send a few items of ID not just one
- And obtain an original copy of a council rates notice, electricity bill, bank statement or other statement/bill that shows your name and residential address on an official piece of mail (think water bills, gas bills, phone and internet bills)
- Submit your application for your credit history report
Dun & Bradstreet (D&B)
Dun and Bradstreet operate a similar website called CheckYourCredit which offers a fast tracked (paid) and free credit report (standard service).
If you wish to obtain a free D&B report, simply:
- Visit their online submission form here (https://www.checkyourcredit.com.au/MyAccount/Order/StandardService)
- At the bottom half of the page, enter your full name, address, email address and begin the process of signing up for a free account
- You will need to scan (or photo using your iPhone if you are skilled enough) copies of your drivers license, passport and a range of utility bills as previously mentioned.
- They may then ask you to do your credit check online or print off the application and ID scans and mail it directly to them.
Note: D&B will ask you to sign up for an account to begin the process. This is fine but be careful they don’t then try and market to you the paid version later on.
Send disputes to:
Dun & Bradstreet (Australia)
P/L PO Box 7405 St
Kilda Road VIC 3004
Now that you’re set, schedule a 1-on-1 free training session at www.creditrepaircloud.com/expert We’ll show you through the software, help you to get set up and we can also help you to integrate your website with Credit Repair Cloud. It really is free and it will save you a lot of time!
We look forward to working with you!